PHY567 - Spring 2001
Introduction to Quantum Mechanics
309 Physics Building, 443-5978,
I think I can safely say that
nobody understands quantum mechanics
The following questions illustrate the sort of things you will learn about
in this course
- What is wave-particle duality ?
- What's all this business about Schroedinger's cat ?
- What are quantized energies and how do we go about computing them ?
- Does the Heisenberg uncertainty principle mean
that the quantum world is truly not predictable?
A tentative syllabus
Simple C program to find energies and wavefunctions for 1d problems
End of semester timeline:
- Tuesday April 24 - Final Quiz -- Revision notes
- Thursday April 26 and Tuesday May 1 - Final Project Presentations
these short essays on modern tests of quantum mechanics.
Also, some nice canned
mechanics Java demos.
Links to (local) Java applets
This page maintained by Simon Catterall, last updated 15 January, 2001.