Science and Computers -- PHY307/607
Creating a homepage
Consult any HTML tutorial to learn how to format your .html files
see eg. HTML -- Quick Reference.
- Log on to your SUnix account using one of the telnet icons
under the desktop.
- If the directory public_html does not already exist
create it with the (unix) command mkdir public_html.
- Change the permissions on this so that the files it
contains can be viewed from the Web -- type chmod 755 public_html.
- Change to this directory by typing cd public_html.
- Use the pico editor to create files of the form x.html which
contain your web page content.
- Subsequently type chmod 644 x.html to make the file
x.html viewable by anyone on the Web.
Back to the PHY307 Homepage
This page maintained by Simon Catterall, last updated 27 August, 1998.